H2-B Temporary Non Specialty Visas

H2B Visa Attorney for Temporary Non-Specialty Visas

Also known as the H-2B Visa classification, the Immigration and Nationality Act (“INA”) provides for the admission of aliens who have no intention of abandoning their foreign residence and intend to enter the United States to perform temporary work if unemployed persons capable of performing such service or labor cannot be found in the United States. If you’re considering applying for a non-specialty work visa, our H2B visa attorney in Shenandoah and The Woodlands, TX can help!

Congress has charged the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with administering the INA and determining whether to allow an alien to work as a nonimmigrant under the temporary work visa program after consultation with appropriate agencies of the Government under 8 U.S.C. § 1101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(b).

Experienced H2B Visa Attorney in The Woodlands, TX

If you need an immigration attorney in The Woodlands, TX, then contact Attorney Luis F. Hess. He understands the requirements for an employer who wishes to bring a foreign worker into the United States by using an employment-based non-immigrant visa program.

With approximately 81 various visa qualification sections, having an experienced H2B visa attorney and immigration lawyer in The Woodlands, TX, to guide you through the immigration process is invaluable. Immigration processing may take anywhere from six months to many years, and mistakes in the application process only delay that process.

With an immigration law firm office in Shenandoah, Luis F. Hess also represents clients in Conroe, Spring, The Woodlands, Houston, and surrounding areas throughout Montgomery County and Harris County. Call (281) 306-5894 to learn more a temporary work visa and other types of employment-based visas.

Requirements of the Non-Specialty Visa

Under the H-2B visa program, an employer can petition the USCIS so that an employee can come to the United States as a nonimmigrant under the temporary worker’s visa program. Employers seeking to admit workers under the non-specialty worker’s program must first apply for a temporary labor certification with the Secretary of Labor.

Under 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)(6)(iii)(A), the certification addresses whether or not United States workers capable of performing the temporary services or labor are available and whether or not the alien’s employment will adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed United States workers.

Even if the Department of Labor (DOL) issues an employer a temporary labor certification, the DHS must still determine whether the alien intends to remain in the United States on a temporary basis and not abandon his or her foreign residence. DHS ultimately has the discretion to grant or deny an H-2B visa petition after assessing whether the requirements have been satisfied as explained in 8 U.S.C. § 1184(c)(1).

Call Us Today
(281) 205-8540

Please fill out the form below and we will contact you.

Immigration Resources
How Can a Shenandoah Immigration Attorney Help

How Can a Shenandoah Immigration Attorney Help

  Filing a US citizenship application can be one of…
How Much Money Will It Take to Become A US Citizen?

How Much Money Will It Take to Become A US Citizen?

As of this writing, it costs $725 for most people…
How to Determine Your Priority Date

How to Determine Your Priority Date

The processing times for immigration are notorious for their length,…

The Truth for Immigrants Under Trump

Obtenga una copia GRATIS de mi libro:

Planning to Travel, Work, or Live in the US?
We Can Help.

Please fill out the form below and we will contact you.

¿Planea viajar, trabajar o vivir en los EE. UU.? Podemos ayudar.

Por favor complete el siguiente formulario y nos comunicaremos con usted.

The Truth for Immigrants Under Trump

Get a FREE copy of my book: