What You Need to Know About Obtaining an Investment Visa

If you have the ability to create employment opportunities in the United States with a certain investment of resources, then you have options to apply for investor visas that allow you to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely. 

Requirements for the different types of visas vary, and they are subject to change at any time. To ensure that you are applying for the right type of visa and that you demonstrate your qualifications beyond a doubt, it is helpful to work with an experienced immigration attorney who understands the process. At Luis F. Hess, PLLC, our skilled legal team knows how to help you avoid common mistakes that lead to unnecessary delays or denials in the visa process.

Overview of Investor Visas

The best options for most investors interested in acquiring a visa are the EB-5 Investor visa or the E-2 Treaty Investor visa. The EB-5 visa is a permanent immigrant visa that allows you to obtain a green card as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. Your spouse and unmarried children also become eligible for a green card. 

While the E-2 visa is only a temporary visa, it can be renewed indefinitely and offers many of the advantages of an EB-5 visa with a lower investment threshold. Investors with an E-2 visa may eventually be able to adjust their status to permanent residents. 

If you do not currently meet the qualifications for either of these visa types, a knowledgeable immigration lawyer could review your other options and guide you on the best path to immigration. For instance, if you have certain skills, you could apply for an EB-2 Employment visa with a National Interest Waiver so that you can bypass the Labor Certification and other requirements. 

Learn more about Investment Visas here.