What You Need to Know About K3 Nonimmigrant Visas

The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is a temporary visa designed for spouses to reunite with their foreign-citizen spouse in the U.S. This visa enables a foreign-citizen spouse to enter the U.S. and remain while the petition is pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Children of K-3 visa applicants may be eligible to receive a K-4 visa.

Once the spouse receives a K-3 visa, they may be able to apply for Adjustment of Status to become a lawful permanent resident.

While this sounds like a promising opportunity, in reality, the K-3 visa could potentially add expenses and delays to obtaining a green card. An experienced immigration attorney in the office of Luis F. Hess, PLLC, could review your situation to determine whether a K-3 visa would be beneficial in your case. 

Click here to learn more.